Rely+On™ PeraSafe™ Powder 162g
- High-level, fast-acting cold sterilant for medical devices and medical instruments
- Independently proven highly effective against viruses, mycobacteria, bacteria, yeasts and bacterial spores, including HIV, Hepatitis B & C, Mycobacteria (Tuberculosis), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Clostridium difficile, MRSA and Candida albicans
- Independently evaluated by the Hospital Infection Research Laboratory in the United Kingdom, one of only two W.H.O. appointed laboratories for Infection Control research
- Optimised corrosion inhibitor system and near neutral pH maximises efficacy and compatibility with endoscopes, ultra-sound probes, surgical instruments and other reusable, heat sensitive medical devices
- Easy-to-use unique powder system which is dissolved in water to form a highly effective biocidal solution
- Aldehyde-free formulation gives efficacy without harm to equipment nor health risks to staff
- No need for special fume extraction or waste disposal systems
- Compact relative to usable volume, saving storage space and providing ease of transportation
Preparation and use of Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM solution (1.62%w/v):
- Weigh using an appropriate balance 16.2g of Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM powder per 1 litre of lukewarm water (30-35°C).
- Activation takes 15 minutes. Stir periodically throughout this activation period. Solution becomes colourless after around 30 minutes.
- Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM solutions should be used and stored at room temperature (20 ± 5°C). However, Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM can be used immediately after activation as the solution cools to room temperature.
- Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM solution may be used in a static bath. Immerse instruments for exactly 10 minutes after which they must be thoroughly rinsed in sterile water, being sure to remove all traces of the Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM solution, then dried and reused or stored as appropriate.
It is recommended that Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM solutions are not prepared more than one hour prior to usage. Used Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM solution may be discarded, without special precautions, in the normal liquid waste disposal system in accordance with local authority regulations.
Active substance, Peracetic acid, generated in-situ (c. 0.25% w/v at 16.2g/litre); surfactants; corrosion inhibitor; excipients.
Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM is a high-level, fast-acting cold sterilant for medical devices and medical instruments.
Rely+On™ PeraSafe™ powder generates peracetic acid in-situ when dissolved in water. The neutral pH solution combines the biocidal efficacy of peracetic acid with excellent materials compatibility to allow repeated, rapid decontamination of pathogenic micro-organisms from heat labile, reusable medical devices and instruments.
Specifically developed and independently proven highly effective against viruses, mycobacteria, bacteria, yeasts and bacterial spores, Rely+On™ PeraSafe™ provides broad spectrum decontamination against disease-causing pathogens of concern to human health, such as HIV, Hepatitis B & C, Mycobacteria (Tuberculosis), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Clostridium difficile, MRSA and Candida albicans.
Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM, with its optimised corrosion inhibitor system and near neutral pH, is a suitable solution for the disinfection of endoscopes, ultra-sound probes, surgical instruments and other common reusable, heat sensitive medical devices.
Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM is easy to prepare and is not classified as a sensitiser in both the powdered form, and the in-use dilutions. Supplied as a safe, inactive powder, Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM is activated by simply dissolving in water.
Rely+OnTM PeraSafeTM has been formulated to include ingredients that have been carefully selected for their ability to degrade naturally within the environment. An aldehyde-free formulation gives efficacy without harm to equipment, nor health risks to staff and avoids the need for special fume extraction or waste disposal systems.