Rely+On™ Virkon™ Tablet 5g
- High-level disinfectant of choice for routine disinfection of hard surface
- Effective against a broad range of bacteria, fungi and viruses, including Hepatitis A, B & C, HIV, MRSA, Coronavirus Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV), Coronavirus Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV), Influenza A virus, E. coli (ESBL), Klebsiella pneumonia (ESBL), Cocksackie Virus (HFMD).
- Effective as determined by European EN standards (bacteria, fungicidal and virucidal efficacy data)
- Approved on U.S. EPA List N, meeting EPA's criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19
- Achieves rapid and complete inactivation of the SARS-CoV-2 virus at a dilution ratio of 1:100 in just 60 seconds, and at an economical 1:600 in-use dilution with a 10 minute contact time
- Works by physical destruction of micro-organisms
- Compatible with most hard, non-porous surfaces
- Cleans and disinfects in one step
- Respirator face plate disinfectant
- Ideal for body fluid spillages: absorbs blood and urine
- In-use 1% solution is non-irritating to eyes and skin
- No fumes or offensive odour
- Convenient to store and easy to use
- Long shelf-life (powder 3 years, tablets 2 years)
- Suitable for low volume applications
- Each bottle contains 10 tablets
Preparation of 1% solution:
Add 1 x 5 g tablet per 500 ml of lukewarm water. Mix thoroughly until completely dissolved to form a pink coloured solution.
1% Rely+OnTM VirkonTM solutions are stable for up to 5 days. Recommended good practice is that solutions are replenished and discarded daily.
Hard surface disinfection:
Apply solution using either a trigger spray bottle, cloth, sponge or mop.
Suitable equipment (not medical devices) can either be submerged and washed in disinfectant solution or sprayed and then wiped clean with a cloth or sponge.
For body fluid spillages:
Crush a tablet directly onto the spillage until all liquid is absorbed. Scrape or sweep damp powder into container for disposal. After removal of damp powder, apply a 1% solution to the affected area and items used for disposal. Allow 10 minutes contact time and wipe to remove solution/residue with cloth or paper towels.
Rely+OnTM VirkonTM is effective against a broad range of bacteria, fungi and viruses, including Hepatitis A, B & C, HIV, MRSA, Coronavirus Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV), Coronavirus Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV), Influenza A virus, E. coli (ESBL), Klebsiella pneumonia (ESBL), Cocksackie Virus (HFMD).
Rely+OnTM VirkonTM is effective as determined by European EN standards (bacteria, fungicidal and virucidal efficacy data). It is also approved on U.S. EPA List N, meeting EPA's criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Rely+OnTM VirkonTM disinfects by causing widespread, irreversible damage and subsequent destruction of the microorganism. There is no evidence to suggest that bacterial disease-causing organisms develop resistance towards Rely+OnTM VirkonTM as opposed to some other disinfectant types.
Application of Rely+OnTM VirkonTM solution is especially effective for routine preventive disinfection and for terminal decontamination in an infectious disease outbreak. In medical facilities, the level of disease-causing organisms present after general cleaning can remain high enough to offer a serious disease challenge to patients and staff. In early childhood education centres, the spread of diseases such as hand-foot-mouth disease (HFMD) and gastroenteritis can pose serious health risks to the young children, staff and their families. Using a disinfectant proven to be effective against viruses, bacteria and fungi, such as Rely+On™ Virkon™, is essential.
Rely+OnTM VirkonTM is easy to use. Containing a surfactant, it degreases, cleans and disinfects in one step, quickly and safely. Supplied as a space saving powder or tablet presentation, Rely+OnTM VirkonTM is convenient to store and easy to handle.
Rely+OnTM VirkonTM solution has an exceptional safety and environmental profile. It does not contain any aldehydes, phenols, hypochlorite or quaternary ammonium compounds. Rely+OnTM VirkonTM solution is non-toxic, non-sensitizing and does not cause any irritation to the skin and eyes. It produces no fumes nor offensive odour. Rely+OnTM VirkonTM solution is biodegradable and can be disposed in the normal drainage system with no negative effect on the environment.