MacuShield Gold Capsule 90's
- Per day dosage contains
- Lutein 10 mg, Meso-zeaxanthin 10 mg & Zeaxanthin 2 mg
- Zinc 25 mg to further maintain normal vision
- Vitamin C 500 mg
- Vitamin E 400 IU (268 mg)
- Copper 2 mg
- Easy to swallow
- Designed to maximize the nutritional support for our eyes as we age
- Combines all three macula carotenoids in a formula developed in collaboration with leading eye experts
- Contains zinc to further help maintain normal vision, copper, vitamin C and vitamin E, which contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- UK’s most recommended eye supplement for the maintenance of normal vision
- Formulated on the recommendations from large scale scientific research
Scientific research shows that the three nutrients, lutein, meso-zeaxanthin and zeaxanthin, collectively known as macular pigment (yellow colour), are found at the back of the eye, at the macula, near the centre of the retina.
The macula is the specialized part of the eye that is responsible for our detailed central vision. Meso-zeaxanthin is particularly concentrated at the centre of the macula.
Macular pigment is a powerful anti-oxidant. Because the macula is yellow in colour, it absorbs excess blue light and ultra-violet light that enter the eye, and acts as a natural sunblock for this area of the retina.