ORION PHARMA, FINLAND
Orion Corporation is a globally operating Finnish pharmaceutical company. Orion develops, manufactures and markets human and veterinary pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. The company is continuously developing new drugs and treatment methods. The core therapy areas of Orion’s pharmaceutical R&D are central nervous system (CNS) disorders, oncology and respiratory diseases.
Orion’s main market is Finland, where it is the clear market leader. Orion’s products are marketed in over a hundred countries, and the Group’s own human pharmaceuticals sales organisation covers almost all key European markets. In other markets, Orion’s products are sold by several collaboration partners. All of Orion’s manufacturing plants and most of its R&D operations are in Finland, with its headquarters in Espoo.
We currently distribute the following products from Orion.
Bonacal D3 is a calcium and vitamin D supplement. Each tablet contains 500 mg of elemental calcium (as 1,250 mg calcium carbonate) and 800 IU of vitamin D3.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. Beyond the maintenance of bone and dental health, calcium also contributes to normal heart, muscle and nerve function. Absorption of calcium in the body has been known to be the most efficient at individual doses of 500 mg of elemental calcium or less.
Vitamin D is essential for the development and maintenance of normal bones, teeth and muscle function. It also contributes to the normal function of the immune system. Bonacal D3 tablets contain vitamin D3, the form of vitamin D that is most easily absorbed by the body.
Bonacal D3 tablets are film-coated and hence easy to swallow. Each tablet is also scored and can be easily halved. Bonacal D3 tablets are manufactured under stringent quality control, to ensure that each tablet dissolves completely and consistently after ingestion, for maximum absorption.
Bonacal D3 is widely recommended by doctors and pharmacists to help build bone mass, and is used as an adjunct in the management of osteoporosis.
- Estradiol hemihydrate
- Treatment of the climacteric syndrome associated with natural or artificial menopause (estrogenic deficiency, e.g. hot flushes, night sweatings, urogenital atrophy and prevention of postmenopausal (type 1) osteoporosis)
- Hydrocortisone acetate
- Adrenocortical insufficiency (Addison’s disease)
- Diminution of anterior pituitary function (Hypopituitarism)
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Conditions where systemic glucocorticoid therapy is indicated
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of acute manic episodes associated with bipolar I disorder (Ketipinor has not been demonstrated to prevent recurrence of manic or depressive episodes)
- Depressive episodes associated with bipolar disorder
- Maintenance treatment of bipolar I disorder as adjunct therapy to lithium or valproate
- Short-term treatment of acutely decompensated severe chronic heart failure (ADHF) in situations where conventional therapy is not sufficient, and in cases where inotropic support is considered appropriate
- Antineoplastic chemotherapy
- High dose therapy
- Psoriasis chemotherapy
- Rheumatoid arthritis chemotherapy
- Hypertensive crisis